At last, I bought a new tripod for my camera, so now I can post some of the garments I have sewn.
I will start from my last project; a Plaintain t-shirt from Deer & Doe.
This is definitely the perfect project, when you are itching to make something quickly and have a new garment ready in a couple of hours.
For the main fabric I used a flannel like fabric (with a small percentage of stretch), which I bought from my local market. It was nice and easy to work with.
For the elbows, I used a piece of fabric left from the dress I have sewn for the New Year's Eve: lace covered cotton fabric (an other beauty to work with, more details will follow in a next post)
As far as the pattern is concerned, the instructions were clear, easy to follow and the t-shirt came together really quickly.
I finished the hems with a double needle, which gave the garment a professional finish.
I love my new t-shirt and would definitely use this pattern again.
Here is also a photo with my little sewing helper (the one that sleeps under the desk when I sew..). You can also spot him in one of the photos above.
I have seen many plantain t-shirts around the blogosphere. Have you made one?
Monday, February 10, 2014
Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Hello there! It has been a while since I last wrote here. Things are a little bit different here.
I still have not found my tripod (probably it is time to accept that I lost it and buy a new one) so even though I have sewn some garments I didn't took photos of them (although, you can find some pictures of these garments in my Instagram and in the PearlBox fan page.)
I also found a new job, which has minimize my free sewing time. I try to spend any free time sewing (and playing with Ron, of course), but most of the times I am too tired. Maybe I need a better time management schedule.
This moment, I sew my Christmas dress ( it is an Elisalex) and I wish to finish it on time.
That' s all for now!
I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Monday, October 21, 2013
I made a sweater for Ron!
Well, I know that dogs really don't need sweaters or any kind of garment, but I decided to give it a try since I have a huge amount of leftover fabrics.
I used some leftover medium weight cotton fabric from a kelly skirt I have made (which I haven't blogged about yet).
I also used a free pattern from free dog clothes pattern blog.
I cut a large size because my fabric was not stretchy at all and I didn't want it to be tight.
The pattern was easy to follow and sew.
I finished the sleeves using my serger, because it was really challenging to finish in a sewing machine these tiny tiny sleeves.
Although, I really like the final result I can tell that the only thing that needed adjustment was the length of the sleeves, because Ron has tall legs.
Monday, September 23, 2013
Sometimes, you only need a yard of fabric to create a nice garment.
This is the case for this simple skirt I made last summer and it became an essential part of my wardrobe.
This is a simple skirt with elastic waistband. I used only a yard of fabric and some elastic.
Let's talk about the fabric a little bit: it is Kokka Russian dolls (the ones we call matryoshka dolls) which I bought from Etsy.
The skirt is based on a 20 minutes tutorial I found on a blog. No pattern needed!
Simple and beautiful!